Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rainy Day.

Today, I feel a bit melancholy. I miss being a kid. I miss climbing trees with my brother. I miss playing dolls with my sister. I miss birthday parties and I miss when all it took was a kiss from Mama to make everything better. Here just a few things that I used to love:

Fairies:


When I lived in Griffin, Georgia, there was a huge old tree in the yard that had a big hole in it. Mama used to put presents in there, things like jewelry and candy, and she would tell me that the fairies had left the presents for me. It was my fairy tree.


Goodnight Moon:


Goodnight Moon has always been and always will be my favorite book. Curious George, Corduroy, and Where The Wild Things Are were great, too. I used to read to my mama all the time.


Romy and Michele's High School Reunion:


When I was little, my mother never allowed me to watch this movie. I was always curious as to why, so I would always pretend to fall asleep in my parents' room in the hopes that they would turn it on. They never did, and am yet to see it. Haha


WF:


My brother and I used to be OBSESSED with WF. Ben, me, and a bunch of kids from our neighborhood used to get together and beat each other up on the trampoline. It probably wasn't very safe at all.. but whatever it was fun!


July 4th


We used to always make a big deal about Independence Day. Mama would always take us to Old Navy to get one of those dorky T shirts with a picture of the American Flag on it. When it was time for fireworks, we'd get watermelon, hot dogs, chips, and a big blanket and have a great time. Mama used to tell me that all the sparks from the fireworks were fairies being born.


Hairbows:


My mother ALWAYS dressed my brother, sister, and me like little dolls. Kayleigh and I both had to wear a big, huge bow every day. I always hated it and pulled them out, but Kayleigh LOVED them. She still does.


Barbie:


I've got about a million Barbies and so does Kayleigh. I sure loved Barbies. Teacher Barbie is particularly special, though. When I turned 3 years old, all I wanted was this doll. My parents didn't have a lot of money. My step dad, Merritt, has always spoiled me. Kayleigh and I are both his little pets. Anyhow, Merritt brought home this Barbie for me. I was sooo happy :)


Jackson Browne:


I have grown up listening to Jackson Browne. His music reminds me of my childhood. His songs never get old, and he has a song for everything. My iPod is crammed with his music. (Well, i don't know about now, since I can't seem to find it...) I think Merritt is the one who really introduced Jackson Browne to the family, and it's something we all really love. Just like Godiva pumpkin pie truffles, also thanks to Merritt.


Gone With the Wind:


Gone With the Wind has always been a part of my family. It's my mama's favorite book and movie, and mine too. Well, scratch that, Breakfast at Tiffany's is my favorite, but Gone With the Wind is definitely up there. Sometimes I'll read a random selection from the book and it reminds me so fiercely of my mama and being a little girl, I could cry.


AMERICA:


I am a proud Army brat and I have lived all over this country. I love traveling and I am very thankful for all of the places I have seen. I've lived everywhere from Georgia to Washington State. Mama and Merritt always made sure to take us EVERYWHERE and show us every last site so that we could say we've been there.


Slurpee:


You know that looks yummy. When I was about 5 and Ben was 7 (Kayleigh was just a bebe), we lived around the corner from the 7-11. We used to always walk up there and mix every single slurpee flavor. It was dee-licious!


Gardens:


I've always loved gardens. When I was little, I would always find flowerbeds to play in. I just think there's something very magical about gardens, cheesy as it sounds.


Fiddle-dee-dee! I miss being a little girl. I hope ya'll enjoyed that lovely little bit of my history.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment